Naturally everyone is talking about their New Year’s Resolutions. I always say I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions and instead make New Year’s Goals, but it’s really the same thing isn’t it?
Over the past month I’ve been thinking about the things I want to accomplish in 2013. And then I read this post and I thought it was a great idea. I am sure that it will take me a few weeks to come up with 101 things so I’ll be adding to this list frequently. However I’m looking forward to getting started.
Physical Health/Well Being (7)
1. Get back on track with exercise. I’m not sure that I’ll continue kickboxing but I’d like to try cross fit. So that’s number 1.
2. Try Yoga….again. I tried Yoga several years ago and wasn’t a big fan. But I think it will be very helpful with my sciatic and I’m anxious to give it another try.
3. Run 5k – Race on The Base. I’m doing this with Oakmonster on February 23. Wish me luck
4. Mud Run 4/6/2013- I’m looking forward to this as it will be something totally new. A girlfriend suggested it and I’m hoping I an get some of my staff and coworkers to participate.
5. A 10k…not sure if I can do it but I’m shooting for it. If I can do two 5ks before June this should be a realistic goal.
6. Lose thirty pounds (I couldn’t leave this off)
7. Get back to archery.
1. Stay on top of my reader. I get crazy busy and that’s the first thing I neglect. This might mean that I need to thin the herd a bit.
2. Plant my garden.
3. Plant fruit trees in the backyard
4. Upload my CD collection and then get rid of them. I have hundreds of them and it’s time to get rid of them.
5. Sell the vintage Samsonsite luggage I have. It’s worth some change and why am I holding onto it.
6. Organize China – I have several boxes of a few diferent sets of china. The sets are mine, my moms, my grandmother’s, and I think one is intended for my stepdaughter. I need to go through, decide what’s being kept and then work on completing the sets.
7. Organize the photos. The hundreds of them. Literally.
8. Organize and clean up jump drives – there are a dozen of random ones.
9. Get this record player fixed. I need to find someone who can come and try to get this fixed. I inherited this from my grandmother and the sound is still amazing.
10. Redo my bedroom. Nothing major but still making some changes. After the husband moved out the therapist recommended I change the house around. But I like my house the way it is. So instead I thought I would “girl” up the bedroom. Don’t think pink, but instead, black, silver, “glamour” style. I’m getting rid of my jewelry chest and dressing table (both were from the ex) and working hard on getting rid of other stuff that is just, well, stuff.
11. Anyone that knows me knows I’m addicted to recipes and recipe books. I’ve literally hundreds of recipes all over the place. This year I plan to get them all organized.
Personal Improvement (8)
1. Get back on the horse. I was lucky enough this year to do some horseback riding and I’d like to get back to it. At least once a month.
2. Start cooking again. With just Beav and me I haven’t been up to doing the cooking I used to do. I miss it. It’s hard because I’m busy and work is kicking my butt, but it’s important that I do this. This is kind of a vague goal so I’ll make it more specific – try at least three new recipes a month.
3. Read twelve books. When I use to have more time I could read twelve books in twelve weeks.
4. Get back to school. Seriously, I need to get this done already.
5. Start volunteering again. I miss it lots.
6. Finish my family tree on ancestry. I wasn’t sure which category this should under to, but knowing about my family makes me a better person…right?
7. Meditate. Okay, maybe not exactly meditate, but work towards spending some quiet time each day with myself and do some self reflection, maybe some praying, and perhaps some private journaling.
8. Speaking of prayer. I need to get back to church. Seriously.
1. Travel with Beav or both kids at least twice this year for a fun weekend away.
2. Take my boys camping – at least once.
3. Head out of town just for some R & R at least once every three months. Seattle is defintely on my list.
4. Go to Hawaii. I’ve been invited to Hawaii and I’m going to try to go.
1. Get back on track with my ACMPE certification (Certified practice manager)
2. Get my AMBA certification (billing).